Today was a pretty good day... So far. Mayah is teething pretty bad right now, and is not a happy camper. She is taking a bottle right now and seems to be feeling a little better! We went to the Teng Wang Pavilion today. Basically it is the only "tourist" thing to see in this town. It is an impressive structure, and eventhough it looks like it is really old, the current structure is only about 25 years old. It was originally built in 653 AD but has been destroyed many times from war and fire over the centuries. It continues to be reconstructed to it's original glory. Nanchang is also the center of high end porcelain, so we went to the porcelain strip in town. Very nice stuff and some quite expensive. We had to pick up a couple of small things. After shopping we headed back to the hotel for lunch! We decided to head down to the restaurant here and order PIZZA and a smile (coke)... ahhhhh comfort food for the first time. I don't know if the pizza was good or not, but after being in China for 6 days.... it was the best damn pizza I have had in a long time! Slowly but shirley each of the other families made it down to the restaurant for lunch. The 4 little girls had their first play date. It looks like there could be some sharing issues among us! But all went well and no one lost an eye! It was really cool to see everyone in a good place with their new babies since placement. Can you hear that???? Me neither.. Mayah is now SLEEPING. YAY! Mommy did a great job figuring out what cry she was giving us. Mayah was not a happy camper only a few minutes ago!

The Miller Family at the Teng Wang Pavilion
Daddy is working on Mayah and becoming a Bears fan.
The architecture detail on the pavilion was very cool.
Daddy and Mayah at lunch. She loved playing with the Chop sticks. I almost lost an eye a couple of times.
Sadie did not want to share her spoon with Mayah. Notice the 2 handed grip by Sadie. She was not letting it go. Look at the determination in her face.
Mayah's favorite game so far is peek-a-boo with daddy. This is the face I see every time we play.
My head cold is getting better.. We still have several days here waiting for paperwork to be processed. This 6 day journey so far feels like it has been a month. Hard to believe we are only 1/3 into this trip. Thanks to everyone for the kind words on the blog. This trip is hard enough, and the support for all of you on the blog and the skyping with others has truly helped. Being on the other side of the planet is hard, but feeling the love and support from all of our friends (who we treat as extended family) and family proves that family is more than just blood! Mayah has no idea how big her family is and she can't wait to meet all of you as well!!!
Congrats to both of You! Your baby is so adorable and you make a beautiful family! Adoption is the most wonderful journey that will touch your lives, we adopted 7.5 years years ago and our "baby" is about to turn 9 this weekend. Its the best thing you will ever do and very soon you will not remember life before baby. Congrats again and enjoy every second... Sharon (in NC)
ReplyDeleteWow... have I mentioned how much I have cried reading your blog and seeing these AMAZING pictures of your family! Tim and I are just so overwhelmed with joy for the two of you, and Mayah, she is a very lucky little girl to have SO much love. I can imagine that this is a rough trip, but please know that you guys have one hect of a cheering section back home that cannot wait to see all of you. Thoughts and prayers everyday for you guys! Love you all!! please just squeeze those great cheeks of hers for me! :)
ReplyDeleteIl y a 3 ans nous logions au Gloria Plaza à Nanchang. Que de souvenirs!!! Nous avons adopté Amandine le jour de ses 9 mois et sommes restés 8 jours à Nanchang puis direction Wuhan.
ReplyDeleteProfitez de ce peuple chinois à qui nous pensons fortement.
Amicalement depuis Lourdes en France
Véronique
I tried to post something yesterday, but do not think it worked... oh well, I am SOOO exited for your both, she is beautiful! And I know an Auntie, Uncle and some cousins who are very excited to meet the newest addition to the family! I can not look at these pictures without tearing up with joy! I am so glad you all found eachother! Safe travels!!!
ReplyDeleteLisa
It has become a nightly ritual to check in on the Miller's. I cry each time the is a new blog and photos- but happy tears! We are honored to be a part of this. Nice to see Scott with his daughter as well . Gimble Skype- nancy.gimble. I know a few neighbors who would run over if you had the time. All our love!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to quote Erik " they are going to be the greatest parents ever!" you have a huge fan in this 17 year old!!!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable! We're so unbelievably happy for you all! Thanks for the posts/pics of your unbelievable trip!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for the three of you! You all look so happy! Teeething is tough. You'll soon learn all the different cries and what they mean:)
ReplyDeletePudy - Love the picture of u and Mayah in white. Everytime I see you with Mayah I cry because I'm so happy for you! Following you journey is amazing! Thanks for sharing. Big hug and Kisses to all of you!
Your trip reminds me of ours to Nanchang almost 4 years ago. Mayah is a beautiful baby.
ReplyDeleteOne thing though, the word "bu" (pronounced "boo") as in "peek-a-boo" means NO in Chinese. You may consider a different ending word in Mayah's favorite game with Daddy. We just said "peekers!" but others have said "peek a pie!" or something like that.