Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finally in a Groove

We have received many requests to keep the blog going.  I will do my best to keep it rolling for you.  Especially for friends and family out of town, and those we don't get to see too often.   We have been home now for 3.5 weeks.  The first week back was very hard.  Jet lag, I was sick, no sleep, a new family member, jealous dogs, and list goes on and on.  I am happy to report that Mommy, Daddy, and Baby are doing great.  Going through the holidays with jet lag made it impossible to get on a schedule.   Time heals all as we are finding out, and Mayah has fallen into a routine and has slept through the night for 3 nights in a row now.  YAY!!!!!  We are falling more and more in love each and every day.   She has come a long way in a short amount of time.  She no longer eats baby food.  She likes flavor.  Mayah has discovered how to feed herself, and will usually want to do it herself.  We think she will be martial arts expert because when she doesn't want something, her block move is super fast and very effective.  If you blink, you will miss it.  This is evident by the food flying off the blocked spoon many times.   The dogs hover around her every time she eats, waiting for that little piece of food to hit the floor.  Baci is quickly becoming corrupted by this new addition to the family and learning that there is so much more to life than dog food.    Please post a comment to let me know there are people still following, and I will keep the blog running.  Here are several photos since we have been home.
Christmas Eve....  Love the outfit.  She was a little Elf!!  The shoes even had bells in them.

Getting ready for lunch.  She loves eating time!!!

Too cute for words!!!!  Check out those lips!

Mayah is a happy baby!  We now think she likes us!

Our three children.  They all get along so well.  That may change once Mayah can actually chase them around and dogs can't get away.  That should be entertaining. 

She has no fear..  But this was just a yawn.  Looks a bit more scary though.  She is saying.  "Go ahead tough guy.  Show me what you got.  I am not afraid." 

One of Mayah's favorite activities is her bath time.  Here we are getting ready for her nightly bath!  Mayah is going to hate me when this photo flashes on the screen during her photo montage at her wedding! 

Daddy and Mayah enjoying the Bears game together.  Next year she will be sporting eye-black!

Play date with my buddy's son. 

Looks like the play date went well!   (FYI this was not my idea.  Blame Mommy for this one)

Until next time!









10 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!! Please keep the blog going for us out of towners!!! She is a doll!!! So glad to hear you guys are getting into a groove! xoxoxo Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok- I for one will let you know I love that you are going to continue this blog! since we haven't had a chance for one on one time, this helps until that time arrives.
    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm watching. I guess I'm considered an out of towner? Should we start planning the wedding? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it going even though I see her often. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it going she is too cute! Also, don't let the dogs her food lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris & I love your blog!!! If you want to keep it going, Chris & I would love it as well :) Mayah is so amazing and we can't wait to see you all again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUper the news! Maya seems to have completely adopted his new life and her new family. too cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo happy to see an update! Love to see the pix and keep up with the latest happenings...you guys look great! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love my neice! A few of my co workers still beg me for pics and updates! They expect me to have new stuff every day! Lol they all love the new pics u added and can't get over how adorable she is. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the best possible cure for the long distance, besides Skype. I love her and you guys! Keep capturing those moments

    ReplyDelete